daiso detergent for puff and sponge


i've been washing my brushes with baby shampoo. it's simply because it's the only thing that i can get my hands on to wash my brushes with. as for my air puff, i use my cleansing oil. and then i found out about daiso detergent for puff and sponge. i read all the reviews and all of them say it's a good stuff. naturally, when i went to harajuku daiso, i searched for one and grab two bottles in one go. if this stuff is as good as they all say, then i should have back ups. after all, this stuff is even cheaper than my baby's baby shampoo!

the packaging: it comes in tiny white plastic bottle with flip top, no sealing whatsoever on the opening. lucky it didn't leak when i packed it inside my luggage. the label is pink and luckily they put english text to indicate the name of the product. at the back label, they put the description, ingredients and instructions in english and japanese! something that is surprising considering daiso is a budget products. even hadalabo and biore don't bother to put on english text on their products. however, this stuff is tiny, only comes in 80ml. i do hope it lasts long...

the bottle
the scent: i believe it's scentless. which is a good thing since sometimes i even feel weird when i smell baby shampoo scent on my brushes.

the back of the bottle
(they care to put english text on it!)
the product: it is a liquid detergent. and it's colorless too. so you have to be careful when you pour this thing since it's powerful. a little is only what it need to clean your brushes and sponges. it's runnier than my usual baby shampoo, so i have to be more careful when pouring this thing.

the flip top
the result: i've tried this several times. this works like magic. it cleanses my puff, sponges and brushes like a dream. no hustle. if you read my post about my DIY bb cushion, then you will know that i use this stuff to soak my cushion sponge, alternating with cleansing oil and this one works better and faster in cleaning the cushion sponge. all i need to do is putting a few drops in a bowl of water and then soak the cushion sponge and leave it for a few minutes. repeat 3 times and done! for brushes and sponges, sometimes i only need two rinses since i clean my brush every one or two weeks so no heavy build up there. for my brushes, i use the same method that i use when cleansing the cushion sponge. as for my sponge, i put a few drop on dry and dirty sponge, then rub it with wet finger and add a few drops of water to make it foam a bit, massaging it with my finger until all the dirt comes off. then i soak it in clean water and rinse it several times.

definitely love this detergent since it works wonderfully and it doesn't cost much. repurchase in bulk the next time i go to japan again (crossing my finger.. hopefully we get to go to japan again sometimes). i recommend this detergent to anyone who use makeup brushes and sponges regularly and want to clean them regularly, effectively and quickly.

0 Comments