minon amino moist mask sheet

before i went to japan, i've heard that minon is quite a well-known brand, but for its emulsion, and i don't think it will suit me. so when i was there, i decided to try their mask sheet. i think mask sheet is a safer bet to try the brand.

this is the description from watson singapore's website: minon moist essential mask contains 9 types of hydrating amino acids + 2 types of clarifying amino acids (lysine hcl, carnosine). generously soaked in unique gel serum that penetrates into skin to provide extreme intensive moisture, leaving skin soft, supple and infused with moisture. this sheet mask reduces the appearance of fine lines caused by dryness (efficacy evaluation test performed). moisturizing ingredients help to support barrier function, helping skin retain moisture more effectively. made from a soft, form-fitting sheet with fibers that adhere closely to your skin without dripping. a formula developed by a pharmaceutical company for sensitive/dry skin based on dermatological science, which has passed stringent chemical and safety tests to protect skin from sensitivity. fragrance-free, colorant free. weakly acidic to suit natural pH of the skin. alcohol free, paraben free. allergy tested, patch tested, stinging test conducted, tested for continuous use on sensitive/dry skin, low stimulus.

the packaging: i bought the box of 4, and the box has the same design as the individual packets. it has this pink background with "minon amino moist" written on front while the rest of the text is in japanese. at the back there's an instructional picture that show how to unfold and use the mask, but all the text is in japanese.

the individual packaging
the scent: i don't know why, but the mask smells like medicated mask to me, but don't worry, it's not that strong.

the excess jelly essence
the product: the mask is made of mesh-like cotton drenched in jelly-like essence. honestly, i never tried any other mask like this. somehow i feel like i'm putting wet gauze on my face. there's some excess jelly in the sachet, but since it's pretty thick, i can't use it to soak a tablet mask. the fit is a little bit off. the forehead is too tall for me, but the eye holes are okay, and the nose flap is long which is a yay since it can covers my whole nose. the side is too big that it can cover my lower jaw and also a big mouth hole which i have to drag it up so it can cover my chin better. there are slits to help me adjusting the mask.
left: before
middle: mask on me
right: after
the result: after 20 minutes or so, i feel the mask is tightening on me. since i can't use the remaining jelly to soak a tablet mask, i slap it on my forehead and cheeks, and after 20 minutes, only my forehead is a little bit damp while the rest is starting to dry out already. after taking it off my face, i massage the rest of the essence. it definitely moisturizes my skin and has a bit of brightening and calming effect too.

honestly, i don't like the mask because of the fit. it's too big for my face and i don't like wasting my time adjusting the mask since it also makes it dry faster too. but it works well, so i think everyone could try it especially for sensitive skin since it is not scented and formulated for sensitive skin. as for me, i don't think i'll repurchase once i've finished with all four.

0 Comments